Theme: A balancing act – how to combine work and life in academia?
Who: all Early Career Scientists, especially doctoral students
When: 5:00pm – 7:00pm, Tuesday 31st August.
Price: included in the registration fee
The Association for Aerosol Research (GAeF) and the Organisation Committee of EAC2021 are delight to announce this year’s Young Investigator Network (YIN) event.
The aim of the YIN event is to provide a networking platform for Early Career Scientists. To facilitate the networking during the online conference, the event will start with an introductory talk by Desiree Dickerson PhD and continue with small round table discussions. The talk “Productivity amongst Chaos” will address the following:
- How to create a routine during times of constant change.
- Learn to ride the productivity wave (especially when it feels like a trickle).
- Create a rhythm that works for you, rather than against you.
- Navigate the balancing act of families and research.
- Plan to be (realistically) productive – learn to build useful to-do lists!
- Using breaks to optimise efficiency.
Desiree Dickerson PhD (https://desireedickerson.com) is a clinical psychologist who specialises in the mental health and well-being of academics and academic institutions. As a former postdoc in the neurosciences, she now works globally with universities, lab groups, and academics in the pursuit of a healthier approach to research.
Come and join us to meet and discuss with your peers in this year’s online YIN event! And please bring your best tips and tricks on how to master the balancing act of work and life to share with all participants.
As soon as the conference registration opens, attendees of the conference can indicate that they want to participate in the YIN event via a checkbox on the registration form.
The YIN organisation committee