Dear EAC 2021 attendee,
We are looking forward to seeing you on Hopin for the EAC2021 next week. A great deal of work has gone on in the background to ensure the conference runs as smoothly as possible, but we now need you to take the time to familiarise yourself with the Hopin system in order to make sure you get the most out of the experience.
Our philosophy in preparing the EAC2021 was to create an interactive live virtual event, where we captured many of the benefits of both a virtual and in-person conference. Hence, the majority of the talks and posters will be live, via screen sharing and discussion will be possible via both the live text chat and video chat. Hopin allows us to seamlessly move between the Plenary sessions, the talk sessions and the expo area that will host the posters and sponsor booths. The Hopin platform is structured around:
- Stage where plenary talks will be held
- Sessions area for technical sessions, webinars, meetings and breakout rooms
- Expo area for sponsor booths and poster presentations
We have prepared a video to help you get started in Hopin and show you how we have set it up for the EAC2021:
- If you will join from behind a firewall or a VPN you may need to make special arrangements: Whitelist
- Use up to date Chrome or Firefox browsers: Browser Compatibility
- If you do have difficulty there are some troubleshooting tips: Attendee Troubleshooting. We will also have helpdesks in the Sessions and Expo areas as well as a member of the ‘Support team’ in each session.
Speakers and poster presenters
Take the opportunity well before your presentation to test your audio, video and screen sharing. Do the basic tests set out above, but we also encourage you to visit one of the breakout rooms in the Sessions area or a helpdesk. People speaking in the first session on Monday can access their session from 8 am on Monday morning to test their set up.
The instructions for how to prepare your presentations are available under the Hopin tab at https://eac2021.co.uk/hopin/
Ben Murray (Chair of the EAC2021)